2023/4/5 (Wed) 〜2023/4/21 (Fri)
New National Theatre Opera Palace
S seat: 29,700 yen
A seat: 24,200 yen
B seat: 16,500 yen
This ticket is available only for
[WEB reservation] only is accepted. Reservations cannot be made by
+ Ticketing Fee
|Performance content||Giuseppe Verdi
A magnificent historical picture scroll by the master Zeffirelli!
The Tragedy of Love in Ancient Egypt
In commemoration of the 25th anniversary of the opening of the New National Theatre of Japan, we will present a festive masterpiece "Aida". Zeffirelli's sumptuous production, which was produced in 1998 as a commemorative performance, incorporates a dynamic stage transformation unique to the New National Theatre. Singers, choirs, ballets, and supporting actors weave together to create a "triumphant return venue" that is a great spectacle of sound and vision. Even if you are not an opera fan, this is a stage that you want to see at least once.
Aida is Verdi's late masterpiece and premiered at the Cairo Opera House, which was built to commemorate the opening of the Suez Canal. One month later, the performance of La Scala was a success with 40 successful encores, and it has been highly sought after in opera houses around the world.
story follows the love between the ancient Egyptian warrior Radames and the enemy Ethiopian princess Aida. Radames' aria "Pure Aida", Aida's "Go Home Victorious" and "Triumphal March" are followed by glorious masterpieces, and the second half depicts psychological conflicts such as love, father-daughter feelings, pride, and jealousy. In the final scene, Aida and Radames sing a duet "The Rock of Fate Has Been Taken," and pure music resonates as their love is sublimated.
title role features soprano Selena Farnocchia, while Radames stars world-class tenor Roberto Aronica. Amneris has the best cast you could hope for, with Eileen Roberts making a breakthrough in opera houses around Europe and the United States, mainly the Deutsche Oper Berlin. In conducting, the master Carlo Rizzi, who is particularly good at Verdi, is making a long-awaited return.
in 4 acts, performed in Italian with Japanese and English subtitles
story, see [WEB reservation] only is accepted. Reservations cannot be made by
+ Ticketing Fee
|Venue||New National Theatre Opera Palace|
|Remarks||* Tickets for this performance are prohibited from being transferred for a fee without the consent of the organizer.
This performance will be sold after confirming the name and contact information of the purchaser.
*Please refrain from accompanying or entering preschool children. Children are also required to purchase one ticket per person.
* It may be difficult to see the stage by the wall, near the handrail, on the balcony, and in some seats on the upper floors. Thank you for your understanding.
* Depending on the performance date and seat type, it may not be available.
* Tickets will not be changed or refunded except for those who are eligible for the cancellation of performances and the guidelines for preventing the spread of new coronavirus infection at the New National Theatre.
* Due to the influence of the new coronavirus infection or unavoidable circumstances, the content of the performance and staff / cast may change.
* In order to prevent the spread of new coronavirus infections, childcare services and backstage tours will be suspended for the time being.
*On Friday, April 21, school groups will be able to occupy part of the 2nd and 3rd floors.